The Fish A-Z page is built as a category listings page - https://thefishsociety.uat.gpmd.net/fish-a-z/ with each element (i.e Abalone, Aioli) set up as a sub-category page.
1. Build out the category structure
In the Shopware backend, go to: Items > Categories > Fish A-Z.
The Fish A-Z page is set up as a parent category page, so if you would like to add new elements (i.e Black Code, etc) you must create them as a subcategory page:
- click on / highlight the Fish A-Z category folder
- fill out the subcategory name and header fields
- finally click on Create Subcategory.
- Drag and drop the new element (i.e Black cod) into the correct order you would like it appear in the category tree (alphabetic order)
2. Assign products to subcategory pages
To assign products to their relevant subcategory pages, do the following:
- click on the category page (i.e Black cod)
- click on Item mapping
- Search for the product(s) you want to add
- Select the products you want to add
- Add to the products to the subcategory page
- Done. Click Save
This new subcategory is now live and can be accessed by going to https://thefishsociety.uat.gpmd.net/fish-a-z/black-cod/.
This page will now also appear in the filtering section of of the main parent Fish A-Z page https://thefishsociety.uat.gpmd.net/fish-a-z/
3. Adding a subcategory banner to the main Fish A-Z landing page
Now that you have created your new subcategory page (Black Cod), you can add it to the list of elements founds on the main Fish A-Z landing page https://thefishsociety.uat.gpmd.net/fish-a-z/.
The Fish A-Z landing page is built using Shopware's content management feature called Shopping Worlds.
First you have to create a banner for your element (i.e Black Cod). To create a banner, do this:
- Go to Marketing > Digital Publishing
- Duplicate any of the of A-Z banners (i.e A-Z Abalone) by clicking on the blue icon next to the banner
- Edit the new banner you just duplicated (NB: it's also called A-Z Abalone and this will be the last banner on the list)
- Update the background image, the name of the banner
- Update the Button Text and link
Add Banner to Fish A-Z Landing Page
To add a banner to the landing page, do the following:
- Go to Marketing > Shopping Worlds
- Edit the Fish A-Z Shopping World by clicking on the 'pencil icon'
- Drag and drop the Digital Publishing element into your shopping world grid
- Edit the Digital Publishing element you've just added
- Select the relevant banner (i.e A-Z Black Cod)
- Save banner and then Save Shopping World
DONE. Your Black Cod banner will now appear on the Fish A-Z index page