Installing the module (for developers only!)
Dieter to complete
What does the Mega Nav do?
The Mega Nav enables the merchant to have full control of their main navigation. The merchant can choose between 3 different frontend display modes.
This option will enable the Mega Navigation layout, allowing you to set multiple columns of links and images per menu item.
The Mega Navigation usually displays when a user hovers over the menu item. For usability reasons, the Mega Navigation is only used when a user browses a website on a desktop computer or tablet device. On mobile, the standard Shopware off-canvas mobile navigation is displayed.
If the Off mode is selected, the only action the user can take, is to click on the main menu item.
Enabling the Mega Nav module
Once the Mega Nav module has been installed it will automatically override the standard Shopware menu system.
If you no longer want to use the Mega Nav you can disable it from within your Shopware admin panel by going to:
- Configuration > Plugin Manager
- In the left hand panel click on 'Installed'
- Select GPMD Mega Nav
- Click 'Deactivate'
Managing the menu items
The management of the actual menu items takes place by going to:
- Content > Mega Nav
To create a new menu item, click on Add Item.
Fill out all of relevant fields:
- Active - Determines whether the menu item is displayed or not on the frontend
- Divider - Will add a separator link in between the menu items (only applicable for certain designs)
- Name - The name of your menu item
- Url - the link you want your menu item to go to (if left blank, the menu item will appear on the frontend but will not be clickable)
- Position - Determines the sort order of the menu items.
- Dropdown Size - determines the 'mode' of the dropdown menu (see section above 'What does the Mega Nav do?' for more info)
- Shop - Select the store you want your Megan Nav to appear on
- Editor - add the relevant HTML for the Mega dropdown (see below HTML guide for detail)
Does the Mega Nav work on mobile?
No. For usability reasons, the Mega Nav will only display on desktop on tablet devices. On mobile, the native Shopware mobile menu will appear.
IMPORTANT: The content of the Mega Nav and the content of the native Shopware mobile menu aren't linked. The content of the native Shopware menu is automatically generated based on the category structure, whilst the content of the Mega Nav is manually curated by the merchant!
My HTML skills aren't that good. Can GPMD help me set-up the content of the Mega Nav?
Yes of course. Each client will be provided with a guide on how to manage the HTML content of their Mega Nav dropdowns. Please contact email@example.com if you required any assistance.