Blog MX by Mirasvit is a free extension available to clients running a Magento 2 webstore.
How to create a new blog post?
In the Magento admin, do the following:
Go to CONTENT > Blog MX by Mirasvit > All Posts
General Information Tab
- Click on the ADD NEW POST button (top right hand corner)
- Fill out the mandatory information (Title, blog content, etc)
- Chose a Status (Draft, Pending Review, Published)
- Select a publish date (NB: If left blank, it will automatically select today's date. Articles with a publish date set in the future, will automatically get published on that given date, and not prior)
- Select a Category and/or tags (if relevant)
- Choose an Author (NB: If you want to add a new Author, you will need to create a new magento user account first. Once done, that new users name will appear in the list of available Authors)
- Select a featured image (NB: this is the image that will appear on the blog index page)
Search Engine Optimization
- Add meta title
- Add meta description
- add meta keywords
- add a url key (NB: if the url key is left blank, the url will automatically be the blog post title)
You have the ability to surface products at the end of each blog post. Do to so, follow these steps:
- Go to the Relate Products Tab on your blog article
- Search or select products from the product grid
On the frontend of the website, these related products will display underneath the content of your blog
How to create new blog Categories?
To create a new blog category, or to amend or delete existing ones, do the following:
Go to CONTENT > Blog MX by Mirasvit > Categories
- Add a new category by clicking on the ADD NEW that's found on the top right hand corner.
- Name your category page and select a parent category page
- Enable the category
Generic blog settings
The generic blog settings can be found in the admin by doing the following:
Go to CONTENT > Blog MX by Mirasvit > Settings
Here you will find some settings such as the blog title, blog menu title, date format and other useful things. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the blog settings.